12.6.11

Sketch Time: The Hulk - Mr. Fixit (Pittsburgh Comicon 2011)

By the inimitable Scott James, who's done a few pieces for me over the last couple years. This year's treat from Pittsburgh: They call him....Mr. Fixit!


This occasion marked the first time Scott, who's a HUGE fan of the Fixit incarnation, actually drew him in a sketch! Interestingly, this wasn't the only piece I got in Pittsburgh this year that featured the Hulk in one of his more notorious guises. Stay tuned!

On the way soon: more "Crossing"! More DC Comics relaunch criticisms! And Warren Ellis & George Perez' nigh-forgotten mid-90s collaboration!

~G.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet!!! Mr. Fixit's my favorite too, and this artist draws him spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,just an idea for a future post...I'd really enjoy if you could post a review of my all time favorite Hulk story: " The Big Change" from the Hulk/Thing Marvel Graphic Novel.I'd be very curious to read your thoughts on this book ( a masterpiece Imo).

    Thanks.

    Shai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have my Hulk/Thing GN double-signed by Starlin & Wrightson. You can bet I'll be getting to it in a review soon!

    ~G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, my favorite too. And the scarf totally makes the look.

    ReplyDelete

I can never tell if two comments from "Anonymous" are really by the same person, so please, especially if I know you from other websites, leave a name or alias or something! Thanks!