28.11.05

Let's Spin This As Far To The Right As We Can...

This just came over the AP Wire:

Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

Basically, the gist of the story is that some teenage girl's boyfriend was just eating a snack containing peanuts, the girl was severely allergic to peanuts, the boyfriend kissed the girl after having said snack...and the girl died. Yup, as in dead.

No, really.

I'm going to be as politically incorrect and emotionally insensitive as I can here, so please, those of you who are faint of heart or easily offended, turn back (too late!). Forget about sex, kissing is what we should be afraid of young people doing in this day and age. Any remotely sexual contact at all, point of fact. How long before this kid's a poster child for premarital anything in the minds of kooks like Pat Robertson et al.? To say nothing of our beloved President, Dubya...(nevermind the poor kid's Canadian).

Maybe someone will say holding hands is bad for you too. You know, germs being nasty critters and all.

Hmm, or worse still: file charges against the boyfriend! Did he know the girlfriend was allergic to peanuts and kissed her anyway, reeking of peanut-breath? Murder! Manslaughter at the least! String him up in the town square and throw tomatoes at him! Nyah!

Yeah, don't mind me, I'm feeling tangential today. New job, plenty of interviews to do for Comixfan, and this week, I'm starting my novel. As soon as I get my computer fixed up...yessir...

In the meantime, remember: kissing is bad for you and violates several local ordinances...but only if you're a whacko, jacko. ;-)

Accidents happen. My condolences to the family. And man, I wouldn't want to be the boyfriend now.

~G.

1 comment:

  1. good luvk w/ the job, and the novel. and it sucks when the world takes a stupid view of things. it's sad that she died, it is, but shit, u can't blame the boyfriend. he prolly feels like shit as it is, and the media is prolly painting him as a pariah. how sad.

    ReplyDelete

I can never tell if two comments from "Anonymous" are really by the same person, so please, especially if I know you from other websites, leave a name or alias or something! Thanks!